SECU Hospice House in Franklin, NC is now under construction. Please revisit this page regularly for updates and additional photos as the project progresses.
A hospice house is a residence created to care for terminally ill patients with medical conditions which cannot be managed in home, provide respite care, and is a place to spend their final days. Hospice Houses offer a variety of services to meet the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual needs of its residents.
What Services Are Provided?
The SECU Hospice House of WNC will offer the following services:
- Medical and Nursing Care is provided by a staff of registered/licensed nurses and trained caregivers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A personalized care plan will be developed for each patient under the direction of the patient’s primary care physician.
- Chaplains will be available to talk about spiritual and/or religious issues of concern to resident and/or family.
- Social Workers are available to discuss emotional and family challenges, as well as grief and loss issues. Bereavement services will be provided following the death of a resident for loved ones, the survivors.
- Volunteers will be an important aspect of hospice house care. They will be available to assist patients/families in helping with activities, care, errands. Volunteers will be supportive ‘angels’ to patients and families.
Floor Plan – Click To Zoom
What Facilities Will It Have?
As a freestanding building it will offer:
- Patient suites with private porches
- Family Kitchen
- Dining Room
- Family room
- Family Bath/Shower Room
- Family Laundry Facilities
- Children’s Area
- Therapeutic Spa Room
- Bariatric Suite
- Sun Room
- Screened-In Porch
- Conference Room